Salem Sunrise Rotary Meeting Roles
- Arrive at 6:30—Check to ensure room is set up
- Greet all members and guests---Make them feel welcome
- Enter visitors at the bottom of the sign in sheet. Pay attention as you will be asked to introduce them during the meeting
- Ensure program presenter receives any needed assistance.
- All members must sign in. Remind members to enter make-ups.
- Promote weekly raffle
- Program speakers eat for free
- Prospective members and students eat for free
- Visiting Rotarians pay $10 for breakfast
- (Raffle proceeds are needed to support programs and projects funded by the Sunrise Foundation. We need to raise at least $30 per week to make our budgeted revenue.)
- Arrive at 6:30. Set item on sign-in table and prepare tickets (sets of 3) for sale.
- Bring an item of a value that attendees will probably risk at least $2 to win ($20-$30)
- Sell tickets---3 for $2. Single ticket = $1
- At end of meeting have program speaker or another person draw winning ticket. First ticket drawn is the winner whether still present or not
- Arrive by 6:45
- Prepare or adlib a 15+ second Rotary prayer or statement suitable for Rotary (non-discriminatory, non-political, non-denominational)
- (All materials needed for a Club meeting are stored in the rooms behind the podium. Center 50+ may periodically rearrange these rooms.)
- 4 large banners on rear wall are stored in a tube
- Collect members badges and store in black box with sign-in sheets
- Store raffle box
- Store multi-flag display
- Small banner on podium, bell and gavel are stored in clear plastic tub.
- Prepare a 1-3 minute program on some aspect of Rotary. Topic can personal or not but should be related to Rotary history, Avenues of Service, Membership or other topic of value.
- Arrive by 6:45